Lymphatic Drainage Therapy is a technique used to help increase lymph flow. This therapy is offered at Advanced Massage Therapies by Robert Klein who has trained with the Chikly Institute.
The lymphatic system plays a crucial role in your body's ability to heal from injury and ward off disease. It is essential to the body's drainage system for cleaning and filtering out toxins and bacteria.
The lymphatic system has no central pump and depends on muscle contraction through deep breathing, exercise, and manual manipulation to move fluid. Lymphatic massage utilizes a very light pressure combined with soft pumping movements in the direction of the lymph nodes.
What are the benefits of lymphatic massage?
- Reduction in swelling (edema)
- Reduction in swelling during pregnancy
- Relief of skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and cellulite
- Reduction in symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibro myalgia
- Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, depression, stress, and loss of vitality
- Regeneration of tissues from burns and scarring
- Quickening of post-operative healing from surgeries which may compromise or damage the lymphatic system. Examples: joint replacement surgery, cosmetic surgery, cancer treatment (including surgery and radiation).
- Detoxification of the body
- Relief of chronic pain
- Immune system stimulation
- Quickening of healing from sports injuries